Self storage facilities are increasingly becoming better storage alternatives for people who are looking for temporary storage for their belongings especially when moving, downsizing or during a home renovation. Instead of storing possessions in a garage or room, majority prefer to hire these storage units, and it is easy to see why.
Self storage units bring forth more benefits than your garage or basement can offer, such as safety, flexibility in terms of storage space and storage periods. If you are still not sure about whether or not to hire a self storage unit, here are several benefits you will get that may convince you to take up this option.
1. Secure Protection
More often, when living space is at a premium, we tend to store our stuff in a storage shed outside or in our garage. Unfortunately, these places can get damp thereby putting your valuables at risk of getting damaged by excessive moisture. Besides, your storage shed might not be secured or insured.
Self storage units may not have these problems. For instance, they are tightly sealed to minimize dampness and are also safe. You will find CCTVs around every corridor to keep your belongings safe.
Professionally run self storage facilities have fire warnings and sprinkler systems as well as fire extinguishers to deal with any occurrence of a fire outbreak.
To cover for risks of accidents resulting in loss or damage of your items in a self storage facility, most companies offer a protection plan to cover your belongings against loss and damage. You may have to pay an additional fee for the protection plan, but at least this will give you peace of mind knowing that your possessions are safe and protected against loss and damage.
A good protection plan needs to cover against loss or damage from lightning, fire, water damage, and theft from forcible entry. Ensure to inquire about the coverage and limits of a protection plan from the managers of your preferred storage unit before storing your items.
2. Convenient and Flexible to Use
Finding the ideal storage solution for your needs can be challenging. Whether you are planning to remodel your home or need to be away from your rental for a couple of months, you can find a perfect unit for your belongings.
Storage facilities offer a choice of different units, which means that you will find a unit that is sized for your needs, ranging from small-sized storage units to extra-large units.
Also, you have a choice of providers making it easier for you to find a facility that is closer to your business or home for greater convenience.
Besides, when you put your belongings in self storage, you can access them any day of the week. That’s why you are advised to choose a facility that is near your home or workplace for ease of access.
3. Space Solution
You will find storage units with different capacities. Some of the common sizes of storage units include:
- Locker unit: If you just bought a house and you need to move out of your apartment to stay in your new home as remodeling work goes on, you can opt to hire this 10sq feet unit to hold some of your belongings such as suitcases, books, small household items, toys, etc.
- Small unit: Measuring 24 sq. ft. This can comfortably accommodate the belongings of a small room. It is ideal for people with few items such as a single bed, suitcases and storage boxes, as well as a bedside table.
- Medium units: These units can comfortably accommodate belongings of a one bedroom house including bedside table, single bed and mattress, storage boxes and suitcases, small appliances, and a couple of drawers.
- Medium-large units: These are ideal for people in apartments. You can store belongings of a two-bedroom house in these units including bed and mattress, small appliances such as washing machine and refrigerator, table and chairs, chest of drawers and bookcase as well as storage boxes and suitcases.
- Large units: This unit can comfortably accommodate belongings of larger items in a two-bedroom house including a sofa, bed and mattress, washing machine and refrigerator, dining table and chairs, chest of bookcase and drawers, as well as storage boxes and suitcases.
- Extra-large units: Measuring 130 sq. ft., this unit can fit belongings of a three-bedroom house including sports equipment, bed and mattress, sofa, dining tables and chairs, storage boxes and suitcases, chest of bookcases and drawers, a refrigerator and a washing machine.
Depending on your needs, there are units of varying sizes that will accommodate your belongings. If you are unsure of the right size, you can refer to self storage unit visual guide to help you estimate the proper storage units for your needs. With these varying sizes of storage units, you don’t need to worry about the size or number of your items.
4. Cost Benefit
Since self storage units come in varying sizes and price ranges, you can find the right unit that suits your budget and storage needs with ease.
The cost of storage depends on the size of the unit you take up, the facility, and the duration you need to store your items. However, no matter what your storage needs are, you will find it far more affordable than most other storage methods.
5. Temporary Storage Purpose
Self storage facilities are ideal for a range of purposes including temporary storage. For individuals, these units are ideal if you are relocating or need a temporary space to store your items as you renovate your home.
For businesses, they are ideal if you are conducting renovation of your premises or you want to store your stock before the current one runs out.
Choosing the Top Self Storage Provider in Hong Kong
With that said, we hope you are now convinced that a self storage unit is an ideal option for you. The next step is choosing the right storage provider to work with.
Without a doubt, Minibox Self Storage Hong Kong is one of the most reliable self storage providers in Hong Kong. With us, you can rest assured that your belongings are safe and secured 24/7. Our facility has modern security features to keep your belongings safe.
Therefore, if you are looking for secure storage space, please give us a call, and we would love to assist. Our team is willing to advise you on the ideal size of the storage solution that you need. Contact us today to learn more about our facility and to reserve your self storage unit!